Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat at Merriweather Post Pavilion
Posts on our wedding are in the works and will be up in a few weeks. In the meantime, I'll share a bit of it now... My absolute favorite part of our wedding was when John and I had our first dance. All day long had been so busy (wonderful, but busy) and the ceremony just seemed to fly by to me. When we walked into our reception and the music shifted to our first dance, everything seemed to slow down... It was like someone had hit pause on the day and I was just wrapped up in this moment. Our band was playing this beautiful song - "Lucky" by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat. We were surrounded by all our friends and family, happy and smiling (and some with "happy tears"). And it was amazing...
It is because of this song that I am talking about our wedding when the title of this post is related to a concert...
This past weekend, we headed up to Merriweather Post Pavilion to see Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat live. It was such a great show! Near the end of Jason Mraz's set, he started playing solo a version of "Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood" followed by "Fly Me to the Moon" and finally segued into "Lucky." And then Colbie Caillat appeared from the dark to join him. It was beautiful and we were instantly transported back to that perfect moment in July.
I was not able to really capture the moment on our point-and-shoot camera, but was able to find this video on YouTube by "Mattythedaddy" - Link Here
Here are some images that we did capture from the concert. Hope you enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments and enjoy knowing what you think!