Friday, January 27, 2012

Dinner at home... Honey and Beer Chili

This winter, I had a real hankering for chili, so when I came across a recipe for Honey and Beer Chili from here I had the perfect recipe to try.  I made a few modifications to use some ingredients I already had on hand including using pulled pork and ground beef instead of ground turkey.  It was really really good.  As the recipe is tomato-based, if you're not a big fan of tomatoes, this isn't a chili recipe for you.  But if you like tomatoes and your in the mood for a rich chili with a bit of zip, this recipe is great.  We paired it with corn bread (used the basic Jiffy recipe and added a can of corn for some extra texture), and had toppers included grated parmesan, pepper-jack cheese, sour cream, and fritos. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments and enjoy knowing what you think!