Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Our Wedding... The Invitations

After much research and investigation, John and I decided to make our own invitations.  It provided us the most flexibility for creating something that was truly ours and also allowed us to get them on our schedule.  (It also saved us a few pennies...)

With the help of our new friends at Paper Source, we were able to pick out the perfect shades of paper to match our wedding colors.  And the guys at Minuteman Press did a fantastic job proofing and printing everything (I seriously cannot say enough about how professional and flexible and helpful they were).  We thought briefly about printing everything on our own, but after I had a bit of a fist fight with my printer over save-the-date envelops, we were eager to find someone else to do that task. 

I've always loved wedding invitations and wanted something with texture and color.  I wanted something that brought about a sense of excitement and anticipation while opening.  Who knows if others feel that way when opening a wedding invite, but I sure do!  We also wanted something that was a reflection on our wedding theme - travel.  And here is where the biplane came from...  This little blue and yellow plane found its way onto stamps, information cards, RSVP cards, etc.  I do not consider myself particularly good at drawing, so I'll reveal one little secret... I found the biplane on a printable online coloring book and used photoshop to color in between the lines!

Once we figured out our design and how we wanted to whole package to look, John & I quickly fell into an assembly line... he cut, I taped... he stuffed, I sealed... It was amazing how quickly it went and we really enjoyed putting them together and feeling like we have created something that was perfect. 

Hope you enjoy!







Final Product!!  Pictures below are by Captured by Jen:





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments and enjoy knowing what you think!